As a broker or insurance agent, you're no stranger to financial dangers. After all, you make your living by helping others protect their investments or make the most of their money.
But no matter what type of broker you are, dealing with large sums of money exposes you to some of the same pitfalls you try to help your clients evade. And if you work as an independent contractor, you often can't rely on insurance protection from the institutions you work with or represent.
If your business is going to grow, you need to take some precautions, such as protecting your investments with a business insurance plan. And unless you specialize in selling business insurance policies, there's a good chance you'll need a little help getting started.
We're here to make it easy for you. This guide will help you identify your business's risks and introduce you to techniques and policies you can use to protect your bottom line. We'll explore…
- The purpose of small business insurance.
- Common risks of independent agents.
- The kind of business insurance policies you'll want to have on hand when disasters strike.
- Ways to find insurance policies for your business.
- Risk management tips to keep your insurance rates low.
Ready to start designing your business protection plan? Keep reading!
Next: Chapter 1: How Small Business Insurance Works